View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 26, 2007, 12:39am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref
I taped the game because the Hoyas were playing. I have gone back and watched the play several times. Here are the facts:

1. Green loses the ball on the play so there is no pivot foot that matters until he recovers the ball.

2. Once he recovers the ball, he steps with his LEFT foot, thus his RIGHT foot is his pivot.

3. He now does a reverse pivot with his back to the basket by stepping with his left foot. He finishes the move by lifting his right foot, spinning towards the end line on his left foot, and without ever touching his right foot to the floor jumping off his left foot into the air and making a one-handed shot.

Since the pivot foot was lifted, but not returned to the floor before the ball was released on a try, there was no traveling violation. Good basket, the announcers know nothing, and Georgetown wins!
That's exactly how I saw it. I'm a huge, life-long Vanderbilt fan, and as much as I wanted a travel to be called, there was no travel. I didn't think he traveled when watching it live, and I was sure he didn't when I saw the replay. In the end, Green made a great play. The defense was excellent...they trapped him, cut off any possible pass and forced him to take an off-balance, low-percentage, desperation shot. He probably misses that shot 3 out 4, maybe 4 out of 5 times. Hey, a money player made a money play...my hats off to him, the lousy $#@&(!